Friday, February 20, 2009

Almost 18 years of shedding, and still going strong


Meet Cally, my 17 3/4-year-old calico, short-hair cat. She is an oxymoron.

Photobucket

An oxymoron, because, although she has short hair, she has short hair that sheds in long silky clumps everywhere.

An oxymoron because she looks like she is mostly black and yet the fur I find everywhere is light gray.


She sheds in the middle of winter. She sheds in the dead of summer. I brush her so that she doesn't cough up big giant hairballs everywhere. And, believe it or not, we have it easy now---we used to have another cat and two cockatiels as well. Nothing compares to a cockatiel in full molt: holy feathers and birdie dust!

And, as much as I dislike finding cat hair on my (mostly) black clothing, at almost 126 in "dog years", she's earned her right to shed wherever she pleases.

Sigh, 126.

You know, I hope I have to "deal with it" for many more years, old girl.

-----------------------------------------------------
This post was written for Parent Bloggers Network as part of a sweepstakes sponsored by Pledge Fabric Sweeper for Pet Hair. Visit their "Show Off Your Shedder" website from February 21 to March 21. Upload a photo of your shedder(s) on their favorite piece of furniture, and you could win $5000 and a year's supply of new Pledge Fabric Sweeper for Pet Hair!

No comments: